Calling for Etsy Vancouver Market Volunteers!
The 1st ever Etsy Vancouver Christmas Market is fast approaching and we need YOUR HELP.
We will be running a 2-day marketplace event filled with wonderful local handcrafted goods on December 3rd (10am – 8pm) and 4th (10am – 5pm). In past Etsy Vancouver Made In Canada Markets, the dedication, and enthusiasm of market volunteers enabled a welcoming and fun environment for our vendors and shoppers. We hope to create the same awesome experience again at our Christmas Market, except this time it will be filled with the holiday spirit!
Market Volunteer Roles
- Duties: Set-up (early shifts), clean-up (late shifts), decoration
- Requirements: Like to put stuff up and tear them down, interested in decoration and keeping things clean and tidy.
Gatekeepers & Ticketing
- Duties: Collect admission, gate count, greet guests, confirm advance tickets, sell tickets, first point of information.
- Requirements: Comfortable with math and calculation, like to count and check names off of a list.
- Duties: Help an Etsy Admin with handing out Etsy goodies, and answer questions at the Etsy Info Booth. Provide information to shopper about our fun giveaway contests.
- Requirements: Friendly and approachable, enjoys helping people and promoting Etsy,
- Duties: Direct lost shoppers to our awesome event and promote the market to pedestrians.
- Requirements: Full of energy, approachable and comfortable talking to strangers.
- Duties: Take care of vendors and fellow volunteers. Bring water to vendors and other market volunteers who can’t leave their booth. Substitute for vendors or other volunteers who may need to use the washroom. Help confused shoppers.
- Requirements: Friendly and approachable, comfortable talking with strangers and offering a helping hand.
Vendor / Volunteer Check-in
- Duties: Check-in vendors and other volunteers when they first arrive at the market. Distribute vendor / volunteers welcome packages, direct vendors and volunteers to their table or team leaders.
- Requirements: Very good at giving out instructions 🙂