At the Etsy Vancouver Market, our aim is to provide our visitors with a diverse range of creative work. Over the years, this has given us a strong reputation in the local community as a solid opportunity for emerging makers to gain exposure and develop their brand presence. It’s an opportunity for vendors to interact directly with their customers and provides an important channel of insight to you, while your work is experienced by a wider audience.
As a result, we take our application process quite seriously. If you’ve never applied for the market before, please don’t be scared! We LOVE to hear from new artists and designers. We are keen to support all of our vendors, both new and experienced. We have provided extensive information regarding the application process as well as our selection criteria, and we are constantly updating our resources and benefits for vendors.
Your application will be reviewed. Have a read through below and please feel free to get in touch with us with any questions or advice.
We are looking for:
- Creative and original work; independent designs or products of a handmade nature.
- Innovative and original products and items that fit in with the overall vision of Etsy Vancouver.
- Presentation and professionalism with finished product, including the presentation of images or collateral used for marketing.
- Cohesiveness and consistency with your work as a whole.
- Commitment to independent design, adopting and/or using traditional crafts, new technologies in art and design, innovative methods of making.
- Lack of similarity to products already in the marketplace. Show us that your work avoids saturated trends.
- Appropriate, suitable and commercially viable items, including appropriate price points for the markets
- Applications must include clear information about your products. This must include how they are made with clear, consistent imagery that compliments your work.
- As our commitment is to new, emerging makers, they receive preference over designers or artists who are already well-established.
- If you’re a return vendor, we need to see that your work has progressed since participating in any past events. Show us that you are offering new products or have developed variations on designs so that we keep the markets fresh, new and exciting for our returning customers.
- All applications are judged based on required diversity for the markets. Similar applications will be assessed based on the criteria and the number of applicants in the same category. Over-saturated categories (like jewellery) for this reason can be very competitive.
- All products must be ethically produced either locally or overseas. Please provide evidence of this in your application where possible.
- Designers applying must be Canadian residents only. You cannot sell on behalf of other designers overseas.